I am JaKePositive...I am a Homosexual...I am a Filipino...I am a Proud Ilonggo... I am HIV + since June 2010... I started my ARV Treatment May 4,2013 since my CD4 dropped to 107... I am here to RAISE AWARENESS... I am here to ENCOURAGE HIV TESTING... I am here to SUPPORT MY BROTHER'S and SISTER'S who are living with HIV... I am an ADVOCATE FOR CHANGE...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

THE RED RIBBON

 

The RED RIBBON is the international symbol of HIV and AIDS awareness, a symbol of respect for People Living with HIV and AIDS. It reminds us all of the constant need to keep up with the fight against HIV and AIDS.

It was created in early 1991 by Visual AIDs in New York for a global symbol in the fight against HIV and AIDS. It is a symbol for Solidarity and Acceptance with those often discriminated upon by the public, the People Living with HIV and AIDS.

The RED RIBBON is . . .

  • "Red" like LOVE, as a symbol of Compassion and Acceptance towards those affected.
  • "Red" like BLOOD, representing the pain experienced by the many people who suffered and died with AIDS.
  • "Red" like ANGER against helplessness for we are facing a disease for which there is still no change of CURE.
  • "Red" as a sign of WARNING not to carelessly ignore the one of the biggest problems of our time.




JaKe Positive. BE SAFE! +)



1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

FOR QUESTIONS & INQUIRIES:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/jakepositive
E-mail: jakepositive@gmail.com
Twitter:
@jake_positive
HELPLINE #'s: 09278230300 / 09323298893