According to the PHILIPPINE NATIONAL AIDS COUNCIL Policy on Implementing Rules and Regulations on STD/HIV/AIDS:
All hospitals and other appropriate health care facilities shall establish an HIV/AIDS Core Team (HACT).
HACT is multi-disciplinary group of health workers with policy-making, implementing, coordinating, assessing, training, research and other project development functions on matters related to the diagnosis, management and care of HIV/AIDS patients and the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS infection in the hospital. Its primary objectives are to facilitate the provision of safe, comprehensive and compassionate care to HIV/AIDS patients by properly trained personnel; to mobilize hospital and community resources towards minimizing the impact of HIV/ AIDS infection on the patient and his family; and to coordinate all efforts to prevent and control the transmission of HIV/AIDS infection.
The functions of HACT include:
- Implement hospital guidelines on the comprehensive care and management of HIV/AIDS patients;
- Provide care and counseling to HIV/AIDS patients;
- Promote prevention and control measures/strategies such as health education and hospital infection control;
- Facilitate inter- and intra- departmental/agency coordination including referral system and networking;
- Perform training and research activities on HIV/AIDS;
- Provide recommendations on hospital planning and development related to HIV/AIDS;
- Monitor compliance of ethico-moral guidelines for HIV/AIDS including confidentiality of records and reports and release of information;
- Update records and submit reports to concerned offices; and
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
HACT shall be composed of five (5) to seven (7) members, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Medical social workers; and
- Medical technologists
The criteria for selecting HACT members include:
- Commitment to accept responsibilities and perform the tasks of HACT members;
- With permanent position, resident physician or specialist;
- Willingness to undergo training in clinical management and care of HIV/AIDS patients; and
- High respect for medical confidentiality
In addition to the criteria for a HACT member, the criteria for the selection of a HACT leader include:
- Commitment to accept responsibilities and perform the tasks of a HACT leader;
- High level of knowledge of the program, including positive attitudes for the clients of the program;
- Preferably an infections disease consultant or an internist with a permanent specialist position in the hospital; and
- Preferably has a direct involvement in the care and management of patients in the hospital
WHAT DO WE HAVE AT WESTERN VISAYAS NOW?
> 2 TREATMENT HUBS
WESTERN VISAYAS MEDICAL CENTER @ Q. Abeto St., Mandurriao, Iloilo City
CORAZON LOCSIN MONTELIBANO MEMORIAL REGIONAL HOSPITAL @ Lacson Street Bacolod City
> 1 CD4 MACHINE @ WESTERN VISAYAS MEDICAL CENTER
> 16 HOSPITALS WITH ASSIGNED HIV/AIDS Core Team (HACT) STAFF
> 18 SOCIAL HYGIENE CLINICS
> 63 LOCAL AIDS COUNCILS
> ORGANIZED PLHIV SUPPORT GROUPS: EMPOWERED & UNITED WESTERN VISAYAS INCORPORATED in ILOILO CITY and CROSSBREEDS in BACOLOD CITY
> HALFWAY HOME @ STA. BARBARA SANITARIUM (WESTERN VISAYAS SANITARIUM)
> Functional REGIONAL MULTI-SECTORAL PARTNERSHIP for STI, HIV and AIDS PREVENTION and CONTROL (RMPSHAPC)
WESTERN VISAYAS MEDICAL CENTER - HIV & AIDS CORE TEAM (HACT) is located at Q. Abeto St., Mandurriao, Iloilo City.
|Route Map from Jaro Plaza (blue circle) to Western Visayas Medical Center (red circle)|
|Location of Western Visayas Medical Center (red circle)|
|Picture of WESTERN VISAYAS MEDICAL CENTER|
|HACT (HIV/AIDS Core Team) Office|
|HACT (HIV/AIDS Core Team) Office|
The HACT (HIV/AIDS Core Team) Office started out year 1995 and it was lead by Dr. Nelson Flotilde as the HACT Leader. The HACT Team is composed of a HACT Chairman, a Nurse, a Medical Technologist and a Social Worker trained by Research Institute for Tropical Medicine.
After 2years it was turned over to Dr. Ray Celis who is now the HACT Leader.
WVMC-HACT Office is situated beside the Department of Internal Medicine and in front of the Nursing Service Office.
WVMC-HACT Office offers FREE Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT).
Office hours are weekdays 8am-4pm, closed during weekends and holidays.
For Inquiries Please Contact the HACT Office at (033) 321-0552 or 09278230300 / 09323298893
Jake Positive. BE SAFE +)